Thursday, November 11, 2004

post to a conservative blog

otherblog

Thank you. Seriously, thank you. First let me say that I am truely anti-partisan and have gone both ways as it were. As a teenager I felt that I was a republican because I strongly supported the Grahamn-Rudman-Hollings act. I voted for Clinton once, then against him, never cared about his sexcapades. I have a lot of information about both Bushs and know that their seats in office have harmed me personally and I believe harmed what America used to be. I don't LOVE Kerry, like most Americans, his #1 attribute was 'he is not bush and he could win'. I have accumulated evidence for myself over many, many years that lead me to my convictions about what just happened and why.

So why do I thank you? me, joe blow fiscally conservative, morally liberal, thank you, just plain old, proudly conservative? because you aren't stupid. I can already tell that thinking is not something you consider a snobish northeastern 'liberal' pursuit but rather something everyone should try once in awhile, particularly when voting. I bet you voted for George Bush, knowing in your heart of hearts that you did your best to take in all the facts and pick the best guy for the job.

The bashing you see out there, including from people like me comes from a simple truth, just as myself as an example, you are the first person I have ever, met, read, heard about who supported either Bush who didnt sound like like you had lived on a steady diet of lead paint and glue fumes your whole life. Really, not joking, the justifications I have heard just make me ill.

If everyone who voted for Bush were like you, I would sleep well at night, I would think, man, I don't trust this guy as far as I can throw a barge but either I am wrong, or my fellow thinking americans who voted for him will reign him in when I am proven right, either way, I am in good hands.

But the truth is that if everyone from wackjob activist liberals to thinking people like me who will always vote for the best person for the job, regardless of party, are right, we are all very fucked, because your fellow conservatives will simply plater that big grin on their face and say 'see? now THAT is resolve, he ran us all into a brick wall at mach one and didn't even blink! - yee haaa!'

really hope there are more of you.

No comments: