Thursday, November 11, 2004

another comment to a conservative site

OtherBlog

Wow! that was awesome! I gave kudos to your fellow conservative blogger misercola for not being stupid like every Bush supporter I have met, but you really deserve the trophy, that was by far the best pro-bush anti-kerry argument I have ever heard, and believe me I have heard them all. My least favorite being 'we need a ranch hand' as if 1) we do need a ranch hand in the oval office and 2) Bush is even close to being anything that could be called a ranch hand.

Just for the record I am anti-partisan and as I told your fellow concervative blogger, I have bashed religious people, southern people, republicans in general out of shear rage because the arguments and policies put forth of late have not only spit on us 'other people' but have really trashed the constitution.

If most of Bush's people and supporters where as reasonable as you he would have won by a landslide, I still wouldn't trust the guy, but I would believe that he really got elected both times and figure that at least those who put him in office weren't freakishly brain dead morons.

Kerry pissed me off too, I don't beleive in organized religion for myself, I have no problem with anyone elses that does not enchorage hate. Both he and George said 'god bless america' constantly, which told me 'uh, dave, that don't mean you' but that is their personal belief, well, that is if you believe that they actually beleive what they say, and I have to say, George doesnt believe in god at all, he is like every other former coke snorter, drunk driver - cum - born-again, if I just say I do and say I am sorry and repent, I get to get out of jail free AND I get to lord over all the other people who are still 'sinners' sorry that stuff just chaps my ass.

So the democratic party has lost, nay, nuked its own rudder and the republican party has made a religious, personal, moral issue - gay marriage - not only a political and legal one but one that is more important than terrorism? I am furious over this one, seriously this is semantics at its finest, so people of faith want to bless the WORD 'marriage' as their own, to only be used by men and woman bound in 'holy matrimony' FINE but because of this zeal over this word, my gay brother can't marry someone who will stick by him through thick and thin, he cant have them make choices for him when he is in a coma, or even see him, he can't get health insurance and share it with him, what does that have to do with your god? Call it a 'legal union' or whatever but don't ram your church down their throats, thats what the brits did, remember? The truth is that what those concervatives really want is to outlaw being gay, hell, they want to outlaw not being a christian, those people need to get dropped out of your party wings like a hot potato in favor of more moderate people such as yourself or the flames will be visible from space, lets face it most of us, most americans when you get right down to it are in the middle of the extremes that each party keeps touting, thats dangerous, we need the people in the middle to demand a middle out of both parties, just today I answered a democratic support survey, asking basically 'where did we go wrong?' and I told them, lay the hell off the extreme stuff, the fringe issues need to be debated on the floor of the house but the electoral flag waving issues need to be just that, all about the core values of what it is to be an american, the common ground, not the ground of your 'base' as George called a room full of fat cats. Republicans need to do the same, tell their party, slow down tonto, I don't like gay people either but we can't go making laws about it, thats unamerican!



We have to find a common ground, people like you and me, we must, you dont have to agree with my views to agree that we are in trouble here, people on both sides are very very angry and its not getting better when you hear that Bush won ohio by like 130,000 votes but just one county has 90,000 more votes than voters. I really WANT to believe that he was actually elected, but I just can't with facts like that. Republicans need to call for an investigation, side by side with 'the rest of us nut jobs' so that they can validate their guy, to say we are just being sour grapes just sprays liquid hydrogen on an open flame.

Keep up the blogging, your side is in power now, executive, judicial, legislative so you are in the drivers seat, what you say and do is going to steer where we go for at least 4 more years, the more of you that are like you, the better!

No comments: