Tuesday, December 14, 2004

letter to the FCC

"My vote for best media/television story of the year goes to one you may have missed. Mediaweek reported on Dec. 6 that of all the "indecency complaints" to the Federal Communications Commission in 2003, a startling 99.8 percent of them came from one conservative group, the Parents Television Council."
from smirkingchimp

http://www.smirkingchimp.com/article.php?sid=19081&mode=nested&order=0



so I sent this to the head of the FCC:

"I'm a relatively upstanding citizen. I have three kids. They only
watch what I let them.

-- "I know how to use my TV remote. I know how to turn my television off.

-- "On my television, I like violence. I like nudity. I like guns
going off. I like people having sex. I like swearing. I like shows
with gay people in them. I like shows where gay people have sex. I
like shows where gay people shoot guns. And swear. I like stuff that
blows up.

-- "I also like 'Little Bear.' And shows about architecture and
design. And C-SPAN. If that helps.

-- "I hope this e-mail offsets another from the Parents Television
Council. I hope you get a lot more just like this. Because I want the
PTC out of my living room. I've got a sneaking suspicion they're going
to end up in my bedroom.

"Yours sincerely."

this was written by Tim Goodman of the sfcronicle but I am happy to
use his words as my own. I never watch football, ever, but for some
reason I turned on the halftime show this year, just to see what they
would come up with this time, it sucked, it was boring and trite, my
kids saw 1.2 seconds of Janets boob, it happens, when there is nudity
in movies they look away, they are a bit young to get so much
information but they are also a bit too human to have all of reality
hidden from them. No harm came to my children or myself and anyone
who feels otherwise should really become Amish, I would have no
problem with that but fining the network over that was horrifically
embarrassing and harmful. to my kids. now they have no clue that this
is a free country full of open minded people who fight for everyone's
right to be human and be happy now they think they live in the former
soviet union.

shame on you all.

No comments: