Monday, June 23, 2014

Laborism

Laborism. been thinkin a lot (who me? ya dont say)  about how communism failed, well never even really got started, it was socially anarchistic and expected people to just want to pull their weight, they tried to save face by becoming totalitarian and forcing people to pretend to try, fail. CAPITALism i've lately come to realize isn't about free market and reward for effort and risk its about capital.
if you look at our economy its pretty clear, we don't really value each other as human beings, we pitch a fit if anyone lower than us on the food chain gets a raise because surely their effort is nearly worthless. but worse than that our system says pretty plainly that the person providing the capital in a business endeavour has limitless worth and that labor is a machine, it need only collect the minimum oil to keep moving and is swiftly replaced if it gets squeaky. even as fellow laborers we don't value labor.
to offset this imbalance I'm working hard to earn money off of risked capital because my labor keeps coming up short. so I have this perspective that does not want to topple the value of risked capital, we still want to incentivise that but what is it really worth? I don't think we need to change much on that side honestly, that will fix itself if and when we value labor. when we look at a mcdonalds and see this hive of activity this money funnel churning away profit and really honestly see just how profitable it would be with no labor at all, the owner doing all the work himself. quite simply we need to see that even a 'dumb job flipping burgers' is hard, standing on your feet all day, pissy customers, jackass manager barking at you, its not effortless. and yes, i do expect to get paid more a lot more to think, a job like mine that takes many years of training and experience to do should pay very well but no job should pay little. if I need that extra person in my business to leverage what I'm doing more than my own labor can do I need to place very high value on that person, I really need to look at what SLIVER of their output should come back to me for providing them the means to production. I can still grow very wealthy, over time giving lots of people that means, taking a tiny percentage off the top but all based on them being rewarded for effort with the means to live because in a laborism economy their effort (and mine) is superior to my risk of some paper.

No comments: